- Olive oil, two tbsp.
- Thinly sliced Vidalia, ¾ cup
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cooked brown rice, three cups
- Chopped pitted dates, half cup
- Can chickpeas, sixteen ounce, rinsed as well as drained
- Ground cumin, half tsp.
- Salt, ¼ tsp.
- Chopped fresh mint, ¼ cup
- Chopped fresh parsley, ¼ cup
- Over medium high heat, heat oil in a large non-stick pan and add onion. Cook it until onion get brown. Stir it often.
- When onion is brown, remove from heat and add cumin, salt and chickpeas. Also add ground black pepper according to your taste.
- Now take a large bowl and add onion chickpea mixture, rice, mint, parsley and dates. Toss well.
- Eat warm and enjoy.