- Hot turkey Italian sausage, six ounces
- Chopped onion two cups
- Chopped green bell pepper one cup
- Minced garlic cloves eight
- Brown sugar, two tbsp.
- Ground sirloin one pound
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, one
- Chili powder, two tbsp.
- Ground cumin one tbsp..
- Tomato paste three tbsp.
- Dried oregano one tsp.
- Freshly ground black pepper half tsp.
- Bay leaves, two
- Any fruity red wine of Merlot, one and ¼ cups
- No salt added whole tomatoes two canes
- No salt added kidney beans two canes
- Shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese half cup
- First heat properly large Dutch oven and then uncover sausage.
- Now add onion, sausage and next four ingredients to a pan and cook for at least eight minutes. Or else when beef are browned.
- Along with chili powder add next seven ingredients and cook for a minute.
- Now stir in kidney beans, tomatoes and wine, bring to boil as well. After that cover and simmer for one hour,
- Uncover and cook for more thirty minutes.
- Bay leaves should be discarded and in the end you can serve it with cheddar cheese.